Saturday, December 31, 2005

Day 4

Day 4

This is a lesson to be learned; no matter how tired I am, I should write in my MMA blog as soon as I can, or else I'll lose a lot of the passion (as well as the memories) in writing it a few days later.

I went again on Wednesday night, my 4th MMA day in a row. I was so very close to not going.. about 90%, because I was tired, and didn't feel 100%, and because I wasn't looking forward to the cardio and such. But I somehow got dressed and ready and just went... without much thinking of it.. because that was the only way I knew I'd go.

So I went, and did the cardio. The start was always brutal with the squats followed by the infamous bunny hop. I did the squats, and I decided to try the bunny hops, even though I knew it would kill me for the rest of the night, as it had the second day of training. They did 2 back and forth's of the bunny hops, and I did the first two. Oh yes, still very hard and painful, and I didn't do all four, but at least afterwards I knew it didn't totally take me out. So I rested for 30 seconds then proceeded with the exercises. Something kind of weird happened, I noticed I was doing a bit more than the last few times, and with shorter rest periods. Last entry I believe I said I did about 70-75% of what they did, and this time I'd say i did about 75-80% so I am improving.

The end, I was hoping we'd do the 10 minute thing again, but we did the ropes instead :( I was not looking forward to it, but I tried anyhow. I did the jumping part well, but the up and under or whatever they are called not so well. I managed to do about 6 of them well, but then I was too winded to do them properly anymore so I stopped. I felt decent about it.. the first time I did the ropes I think I only did about 6 as well, but they were sloppier, plus this time I did more of the cardio.

Then we rested for 10 minutes or so, and it was time for technique. I went with Martin, and we started with being in a muay thai clinch, then breaking it off and high kneeing to the side, then later being in the thai clinch and then doing either takedowns or a pick up slam.. which was freakishily scary.. I've never been that high up before and picked up like that.. being slammed like that would hurt a lot and totally knock the wind out of you.

Then we did heal hooks and achilles locks, and then we learned how to defend against them. Those are kinda neat. Then we sparred. I only managed about 3 little spars with Martin before getting too tired to go again, but I initiated the sparring (asked him) so that's progress at least. He of course made me tap all 3 times effortlessly, but during the second or third sparring, I managed to get a guillitine on him and he said/gurggled something like "man you're strong fuck aren't you?" or something along those lines. I don't think he was being sarcastic.. at least I hope not.. but it's strange since I'm the opposite of strong. Anyhow, I held that for a while and had it in pretty good, but not tight enough, and eventually I was too tired to hold it any longer and I just gave up again haha.

Then I left and said bye to everyone. But a strange thing happened. I was in my car, and I still felt I had a lot of energy. In fact, I was pumped. I could almost continue rolling, at an easy pace, for another 2 hours! I was so pumped in fact that I phoned a couple people and went out right after because I was feeling so good. And my body felt so good too.. I had so much energy, and my body just felt great. Relaxed.. and it wasn't in pain at all... it was so strange, because it really didn't hurt at all.

Then the next day I noticed a bit of pain, nothing major.. just a small bit in my legs, and some bruising on my arms, but very very minor stuff. Then yesterday, Friday, it kind of hit me. Pretty much the amount of sore leg muscles I get the day after training. Hurt to sit up from a chair, sit down, etc. I didn't go to MMA yesterday.. was the first time I missed a class, and I felt a little bit bad about it, but not too bad because I really didn't feel like going at all, plus I was doing stuff with my girlfriend so it was okay.

And now today, I was 65% sure I was going to go, because I missed yesterday and this woudl make up for it since I don't want to train back to back days anyhow, but also because I've never done a Saturday yet and Saturdays are NO cardio and only technique and rolling! My favourite! I could actually STILL go right now if I tried, as it starts in 15 minutes, and I was SO close to going. I showered and started to get dressed and ready for it, but changed my mind, because my legs really aren't ready for it. I dunno, that's kinda an excuse. I mean.. they do hurt, but I could probably manage if I tried hard. But I also decided not to because I need to work on my sites.

So basically now I missed two classes in a row, and I hope this isn't the end for me. I hope I didn't screw up and won't come back.. we'll have to see on Monday (if there is one.. not sure because it's a holiday but I'll go there Monday and see...) I'm also sad I missed Saturday.. the best day of all...

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Charles Wong said...

Pain is a sign of weaknesses leaving the body - Scrapper. Great blog. Wished I've more time to improve my fitness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home